mercredi 25 février 2015

Renault Clio II (2000) Grande 1.2 -Intermittant Starting Problems!!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and know a little about cars (so apologies in advance if I sound as thought I don't know what I'm talking about) but I have this weird and intermittent starting problem with my car and would like some advice please.



On occasions, the car would start fine, the engine would turn over and everything works perfectly. Other times, I would turn the key and nothing! I can hear the full pump but the engine would not turn over.



I was told that it was the starter motor, so I changed this and the problem came back after a few days, so its definitely not the starter motor.



I don't think its the cam shaft sensor, as I removed this and cleaned it but it made no difference plus if it was the sensor then the engine should at least turn over which its not doing anyway.



There's two relays (black) next to the battery behind the headlight which I've changed but still get the problem.



The only way I can get it started is by first putting the key in the ignition and turning it so that all lights are on. Then under the bonnet, removing the thin wire to the starter motor (I think trigger wire) and shorting the connection on the starter motor with the nut on the starter motor which I believe has a connection to the red cable and the battery. The starter motor will turn and the car will start no problem.



If the key in the ignition is not turned so that all the lights are not on, then the starter motor will just turn but the engine will not start.



Any ideas on this issue, I'd really appreciate your thoughts?



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire