jeudi 26 mars 2015

Scenic III Wiper Motor Problem

Hi guys, first post on here I am hoping my last with a problem. It's just a rant really as I just want to blow off a bit of steam. It all started with flooding in the passenger side storage bucket under the floor. I went to a local garage suspecting a hole in the wheel arch. We had lots of flooding up here so I was suspecting water was getting in via a hole somewhere. Then my blower stopped working, then it started working again but intermittently. Then the main issue, the wipers suddenly started working independently of each other culminating in them both stopping. This was a safety issue as I couldn't drive the car. I took it to much local main dealer who charged me £90 to put it on the diagnostic machine then told me the scuttle drain was blocked and the water flooded into the area just below he windscreen submerging the wiper motor. They dried it and said all is well however, it may need replacing in the future. A week later whilst I was away it went again however, as I was in a local village at the time I went to a local garage. £464 later, my wipers were working. I am back now home and the problem has come back. I am now told that my car has TWO wiper motors, one for each blade which I find astonishing. To have now taken it back to the main dealer as I am back home and they will no doubt want more than the garage that fixed my problem earlier. This means I will have forked out over £1100 to repair my wipers. My old scenic had a cam belt failure and I needed to replace my whole engine and spent less than I am spending on fixing my wiper blades. This I feel is a bit much especially as I have since found out this is a common design fault with scenic's. So I am paying through the nose for a fault they have created. I'm seriously thinking of deserting to Ford next :mad:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire