samedi 31 octobre 2015

Meg ii electrical issues

[SIZE="<font><font>3</font></font>"]Two weeks ago I bought my 2nd megane ii 2007 dci. Loved my first one and when it got totalled, I purchased same again.
long story short, the issues recorded by service history are drivers window regulator, this is the 3rd one installed.. 1st time at 70k, again at 108k, and again at 141k, the other things I noted were the previous owners, had made a complaint to Renault dealer about the boot light, asked that it be left without a bulb.. HMMM??
The drivers side headlight had melted so badly it has a "winky eye" look to it. I have attached photos of that one. its had the transmission solenoid done under warranty, it has had the steering arm replaced at about 120k and then @ 131k the drive shaft spline stripped apparently. for my roadworthy, they had to replace the front tyres as they were worn on the inside. { I will need to keep my eye on that- not sure if its a side affect of the front end work, or if there is an underlying problem} it drives smooth and straight, so not a wheel balance or alignment issue. Someone had also turned of the MIL warning about the EGR valve as it was making a hell of a racquet.And when I connected to the diagnostics, it had registered EGR previously and said it was was pending again??
I had a brand new EGR from my other car, so I fitted that immediately, and am cleaning the other one for 50k rotations. this engine work I performed on car with battery still connected as I didn't have radio code, and still no MIL registered or needed clearing. {which it did on my old one}I'm a bit suspicious about that. :confused::confused:
I shood mention It has a factory towbar fitted as well.

Ok now to the immediate drama, I thought I would put the bulb back in the boot as it really would be handy to see in there at night. BIG MISTAKE.:eek:
immediately the wipers came on and wouldn't turn off, check auto light was on dash, and no internal lights worked, no map lights or door lights. I had to manually turn off wipers, and I removed the boot light immediately. but still no internal lights.
What do u guys think??
Is she a big electrical lemon??Is this kind of drama gonna be ongoing? doesn't look promising from the service history??
or is this something I can handle and it will be another experience with knowledge gained..
[/SIZE]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: File_001 (1).jpg Views: N/A Size: 50.8 KB ID: 82818  


Meg ii electrical issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire