lundi 26 octobre 2015

Scenic II 2008 2.0 Petrol - starts on low revs and halts, unless I kick in fuel

Hey guys, forgive me for bizarre English mistakes or the absolute lack of technical jargon. I'm from Israel and while I can speak English I've never talked about cars in English so plz bear with me ;)

Me and wife are super happy with my 2005 scenic so a week ago we bought wife a 2008 scenic with a 2 litre engine (both are Petrol and Automatic, like 99% cars in Israel).

Long story short, the seller told me I have to give some gas when I start the car and since my wife fails at doing so we've switched cars until I get that messy thing fixed.

What happens is the engine starts at low revs (~600) and quickly drops until it halts, unless I give some gas (i.e. press the gas pedal) and then it stabilizes on 700-800 revs where car shakes a bit but feels pretty working and doesn't stop.
If the car has been halted, the next start will begin with a few good seconds of cranking and then it would start and again quickly drop revs to halt unless I give some gas.
Once the car starts and stabilizes, it never stops, not in junctions or lights or anything - and it drives pretty smoothly.

There are no service lights and running torque on a bluetooth OBD reader says there are no faults.

I'm just getting into mechanic DYI jobs - got Haynes manual for the 2005 scenic (1.6 petrol) and replaced air filter, coils (had a faulty one) and oil filter. I got motivation and lots of good will taking things apart and hoping to get 'em back into place.

any help on identifying (and fixing) this issue will be super appreciated, especially by my wife who is dying to drive the car but fears she won't get it started.


Scenic II 2008 2.0 Petrol - starts on low revs and halts, unless I kick in fuel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire