lundi 26 octobre 2015

Removing passenger seat

Hi all,

I need to transport a fairly large fridge freezer on Friday in my 2002 1.2 16v Clio Expression (MK2) . I've measured it and it will fit, but only if the front passenger seat is removed (and back seats of course, but that is easy!).

My question is - is it safe to just remove the front seat with the 4 under-car bolts, disconnect the airbag/pre-tensioner connections under the seat and remove? Will it risk the airbag deploying when I start the engine with the seat out? Alternatively, is it possible to just remove the backrest and leave the seat in place?

I've seen quite a few posts suggesting disconnecting the battery when changing seats, but they assume the seat will be reconnected when the engine restarts.

Thanks in advance!

James


Removing passenger seat

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire