lundi 26 octobre 2015

Scenic 1.5dci head gasket fail ?

Started car and set off down to supermarket, BEEP BEEP "engine overheating " Cold air from heater matrix.
Pulled aside where safe and checked engine all looked ok, Matrix feed pipe hot and return line was cold, so I bled it and everything was fine for a few days.
A few days later same again.
I thought maybe thermostat or leak somewhere so decided to investigate.
First a sniff test, Liquid stayed BLUE.
No pics (Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client)
Pressure tested to 15psi no drop in pressure.
Thermostat changed and again same happens.
Heater matrix changed and again the same.
Getting frustrated so I changed water pump with Renault genuine pump. Still the same.
I can only guess that the head gasket is pressurizing the water system but not showing during pressure test or sniff tests.
Called at three different garages and all quoting silly prices to replace head gasket, I'm unable to do this myself due to having no garage and parked on the roadside.
I'm going to try another garage tomorrow and if they want silly money it's off to be scrapped.
Anyone know of anyone in West Yorks able to help me out please ?
54 plate dci100 approx. 120,000ml


Scenic 1.5dci head gasket fail ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire