jeudi 29 mai 2014

A telephone scam doing the rounds to look out for.

Hi there,



Just had a call at 8.45 from a company (claiming to be Microsoft), saying that my computer had been hacked and was spreading viruses!





Seemed all very suspicious (I have various firewalls and anti-virus/malware software always running and updating), and he (John, with the 'Apu Kwik-ee-mart' accent) was about to launch into a set of commands for me to input into my pc.





I was very wary (wondering why no error messages had appeared, nor why Microsoft hadn't emailed me, etc), and since I was genuinely getting the kids ready for school, told him I didn't have the time at the moment - he said he'd call back in the hour.





I did 1471, got this number - 00118552348747, and when I do this search; http://ift.tt/1nFNZfm





Just be on the lookout for these miscreants.



HTH,



Paul




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire