mardi 27 mai 2014

Clio II - Loud ear hurting noise - HELP please!

Hi everyone,



I'm a new member but not new to the forum, first of all let me thank everyone for the valuable info on here, between this and my Haynes manual I've been able to save myself a lot of money fixing up my clio and keeping it in top condition.



Which brings me to my current issue..



My Clio is making some horrible high pitched groaning noises at specific speed, notably 38-40mph and at its loudest at 60mph. The high pitched sound goes away when im over or under these speeds. It does return though around 70mph but again once im at 75mph its gone.



I've got a Clio Mk2 1.2 8v 2001. Now first of all i thought engine as it seems to be coming from the front of the car. So Ive completely serviced it, flushed the engine, changed the oil and added an oil treatment for good measure. This made no difference to the problem but ruled out the engine i think as the engine noise improved and sounds alot better. While i was at it i changed the spark plugs, leads and coilbox.



Next I figured it might have been the transmission. I figured a gear problem might be it as id ruled out the engine noise. I changed the oil on the transmission as it was due it, (I had changed it previously 30,000 miles before). This made no difference to the noise although the gears are as smooth as butter now. For both the engine and gears i used a high performance castrol oil to ensure a hopeful fix.



As this hasnt fixed it I took it for an intensive test drive. Around the problem speeds i came out of gear and into neutral and the noise remains. So when im not in gear it makes the same noise and to further rule out the gearbox i tried 60mph in 4th and 5th the noise remains at both, exactly the same, and you can here the engine giving it more welly in 4th, again seeming to rule it out of the problem.



Does anyone know what the noise might be, my car literally sounds like its about to take off, it really gets to your ears. It seems to be getting worse and im desperate to get this solved. Could it be a wheel bearing, would that make that much noise? and only at certain speeds? The plan is, get to a mechanic and have it fixed but id like to know what im dealing with.



Thanks for any help you guys can give and thank for the help in the past!!



All the best,



Dan




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire