mardi 27 mai 2014

Split cooling hose

Nicole (Clio I 1.9D) did a naughty last night on a blustery M11 on the bank holiday... Girlfriend was driving and saw the temperature warning light instantly and got us onto the hard shoulder within seconds. A comedy cloud of steam later and it was clear a hose had split. I got the RAC on its way. I was very pleased that he decided to have a go at a repair and didn't just tow us.



The pipe concerned is dead straight, about six inches or so long, from the side of the cylinder head back towards the header tank. Instead of replacing the pipe RAC man wrapped the hole round with some "special stuff". As it transpired it wasn't quite special enough... By the time I'd got home there wasn't much in the header tank again, so I'm now stranded till it's fixed.



Now....advice please: should i be procuring some special Renault pattern part, or will any old coolant hose of the appropriate diameter do? Do they come in standard sizes - it looks about 30mm across external diameter? Does anyone know how much antifreeze I'll need to make up a 50-50 mixture?

Is there anything else likely to have been messed up by overheating that I should watch out for?



Thank you!



Geoffrey




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire