mardi 27 mai 2014

Laguna1 2.2td over heating

I have a strange problem with my 98 laguna 2.2dt, the car starts well, drives fine on the flat and has plenty of power when you put your foot down, the problem starts when I go to climb the mountain to my house, within about 500 yards the temperature shoots up and the overheat light comes on, the radiator fans kick in as they should but it's still not enough to lower the temperature, I end up having to pull over and wait until the temperature on the gauge goes down to about halfway before I set off again, 500 yards later I have to stop again this goes on until I finally make it home after about 5 stops, there's a smell of hot coolant when I stop with a small whisp of what I assume is steam coming from the reservoir cap but no other obvious signs of leaks.

I have a list of thing's to check including head gasket, EGR valve, turbo,waterpump and I also wonder if it might be an airlock after a coolant change, although it's an old car it's in good condition with lowish milage and is normaly problem free.

I'm tempted to pull the engine out and do a complete stripdown and rebuild to see if I can pinpoint the problem but before I go to such an extreme measure I wonder if anyone here has any ideas?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire