jeudi 29 mai 2014

Espace mk3 (2002): Wiring up a reverse camera

Hi.



I have bought a reversing camera and wired it up. However it seems to keep the number plate lights on now.



Here's what I did.



Removed boot inside panel 4 torq screws 2 plastic clips and 2 torq screws holding handle on.



Drilled hole for camera leads to go through at number plate recess and fed the wires through.



Struggled feeding the video cable and power cable through tailgate to the rubber grommet exit so ran the cable on inside of the window under the window seal.



Now I got the power cable through to the offside rear light and test lamped which wire was the reversing light. I got this as pin no 5 at the connector of rear light. So I spliced and soldered in my power cable and taped it up.



The earth was a weird one. Because the bodywork isn't metal but fiberglass I needed to grab a earth point. I again used test lamp and turned on side lights to find the 12v feed on the number plate light. I found this to be the white wire and the white with black stripe was the earth wire. So I spliced the insulation back on the white with black wire and soldered the negative earth to it.



Now I put the tailgate trim back on and find the number plate lights stay on! Why is this? I've disconnected the plug to the camera for now to stop the number plates being on 24/7.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire