mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Grand Scenic 04 1.9dci

So, I have inherited a Grand Scenic with a vast history of problems. This culminated in total engine destruction a couple of years ago - this was replaced along with a new turbo (fitted by Renault) - before my time but I know the previous owner.



Now, 2 years later a blue haze follows the car, so I assume oil being burnt. On investigation I have discovered oil in the intercooler (more than a smear) so I am going along the turbo route again. Having released the exhaust pipe from the cat, I found a fair amount (again more than a smear) of oil on the inside of the pipe.



Haven't yet got the turbo off the car as it's a real bitch to get at the cat mounting nuts, let alone the turbo itself.



Question, or opinions please, is it likely that a turbo with around 30000 miles on it, is on its way out? I can't be sure of the servicing regime so I guess it could be, but looking for some informed opinions while I wrestle the turbo off the car.



Any thoughts would be much appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire