dimanche 22 février 2015

Car, pinked then died and wont start.

2004 Clio 1.5 dci 80bhp



Hi all, hoping I can find someone who's had the exact problem I have, have found similar but not quite the same.



So driving on M25 I noticed car slightly 'pinked' when accelerating around 60+ mph. So I slowed to around 60 and sat in the inside lane to see if I was imagining it. Its was fine cruising at 60 just light on accelarator but soon as I put my foot down the odd 'pink' seemed happen again (I didn't boot it hard). I decided to come off the motorway and slowed down at the traffic lights. Soon as the car came to a stop the revs just dropped off and it died and has not restarted since.



AA towed it home as they couldn't get it going. AA read 2 codes, 1 exceeding fuel pressure then 1 with low pressure.



On live data as engine turns over, you can see RPM goes to around 280 so I guess the TDC sensor is ok. We tried using hand primer under filter but that makes no difference.



Tried starting by squirting easystart in air filter and it attempts to fire. AA cracked one of the injector seals open and diesel came out.



This is my mother in laws car so I am not used to it, but, when you turn the ignition on on my other diesels I usually hear a buzz as if system is priming, on the clio I don't get that, is this normal?



I have checked all the fuses I can find and I pull out relays to check for bad green connections others have mentioned in the forum, all looks fine to me.



Am after some cheap things I can try before it gets sold as scrap which I really don't wont to do. Shes just bought a megane dci and this was suppose to be going up for sale... typical!



Incidently the sunroof is leaking on drivers side, Is anything located that side which could get water damaged?



I have cleared the codes and nothing came back.. except if I keep it cranking for about 5 seconds, the red engine management light with stop in the middle starts flashing and then the P0089 code appears in my code reader saying low fuel pressure.



Is there a fuel pressure relay? If so which is it amoungst the other relays under the bonnet



Thanks in advance




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire