samedi 21 février 2015

Clio dCi strut top mount play

I've a wobble through the car (not through the pedal) under braking and am trying to pinpoint the cause. It seems to be coming from the front end. I put a prybar onto various parts of the front suspension today and other than a possibly-worn-looking O/S droplink, I noticed some play in the strut top mounts, more on the N/S than the O/S.



I'm not familiar with the top mount setup on a Clio II so I don't know if it's wear or normal. To me, it seems like wear but I'll let you be the judge.



This is a video of me wiggling the top bushing with the car on axle stands (no load on the MacPherson strut):





This is a photo of the gap at the top bushing on the O/S (no load on the strut):





This is the gap on the N/S (No load):





Does anyone see anything of note? Are they both shot?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire