lundi 26 octobre 2015

Clio MK3 bouncing when idle?

Hi

I posted in another thread of mine about this but thought I'd better make a thread just for this issue I'm having.

Basically getting a bobbing sensation when car idle at lights etc. It's sort of like the feeling if a lorry goes past or if someone in the car is fidgeting in their seat. It's not really bad but sort of random and the rpm needle appears to be steady.

I asked a local garage but he wasn't sure so kind of left it. I emailed another garage I've used before and they replied today saying sounds like it could be a misfire.

Yesterday I had a quick look and not managed to do much besides tighten some screws on jubilee clips holding pipes coming from the air filter. They weren't all that tight so I tightened them just in case air leak cult had been possible.

I've recently had new spark plugs in so hoping they're fine. I've also put in some Millers Eco Max fuel system cleaner to help give it a clean out so wondered if it could be occurring as part of a clean up?! My other halfs car had some in as it was a bit sluggish but it's recently developed a new lease of life and pulls loads better now.

Anyway I'm just trying to decide if such issue could be something which could work its way out the system? I've only had it a few month or so and no idea how the previous owner drove it - I suspect not much. It's overall excellent condition no other major issues and it's possibly just a minor niggle than anything. I just wanted to ask in case anyone here knew what it could be.
There's not much on the Internet and it's usually about unsteady idle whereas mine appears to be ok. Anything I have read of such things have said the issue went away - strangest comment I read said someone did a doughnut (why?!?!) and oddly after that the issue had gone!? Weird

Any thoughts on this please?!
Thanks


Clio MK3 bouncing when idle?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire