samedi 24 octobre 2015

Indicators and window switch

Hi. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I've got a megane 2 and the front offside indicator just stopped working. Today I removed the whole bumper assembly just to change the bulb as it was impossible to remove it and the bulb holder. When reassembled and bumper was back on, everything worked perfectly.

After about 5 minutes driving when the car was warmed up to temperature, the indicator just stopped working. This happened before as first it works intermittently and then just stops. The other thing I noticed as well is that the window switch cluster on the drivers door gets excessively hot to touch. Surely this isn't normal. Is this switch cluster somehow linked to the indicators and causing the indicator to malfunction.

This car has given us no end of trouble with indicators. I had disco lights in the past and narrowed this down to the tail light bulb holders. On both sides, there was evidence of melting in the bulb holder which resulted with the connectors not touching so I've managed to fix this problem. Every month or so I need to go clean everything out. My stepsons megane 2 also has this problem. We can't even buy new bulbholders over her in S Africa - Renault will only sell the complete tail light assemble.

If anyone has any ideas where I should look next your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks


Indicators and window switch

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire