jeudi 22 octobre 2015

Off to garage last ditch - oil loss & excessive crankcase pressure

Renault Espace 1.9 dci 53 plate 137,000 miles.

My car is using about 1L of oil on a 50 mile trip at motorway speeds, it looses a lot less when travelling same mileage town driving doing short trips.

I put it on ramps and underneath is covered in oil so much its hard to say where its from, but I would say its in general turbo area. The passenger side is clear but there is a pipe that feeds off to three pipes (think its a crank case breather pipe) that is wet but not excessive but the surrounding area is clean.

I also have excessive crankcase pressure that blows out the oil filler cap when you remove it and it also come out of the bottle when you take breather pipe off that attaches to air intake after MAF. I also have oil leaking at the throttle body.

The garage had a quick look yesterday, and said my turbo was pressurising under revving but he felt it was weak (by squeezing the rubber hose)

I am taking it in on Tuesday for him to spend no more that two hours looking over the car to see where oil is coming from.

As I have oil at the throttle body that leans towards a blown turbo, would that also spray oil out of the turbo onto the engine under car and explain my oil loss?

My car does not generally smoke out of the exhaust, but it has on occasions at 70mph with a cloud of smoke.

He said he could take turbo out clean pipes and intercooler and change the cartridge in the turbo for £250

Is the excessive crankcase pressure problem due to the turbo failure, boost leak into oil lines and into sump? or is the failure of the turbo and leak due to the excessive crankcase pressure?

Am I better asking him to spend time looking at the turbo for the leakage or spend the time looking at the crankcase ventilation / pcv system and maybe do a compression test to eliminate the piston rings causing the excessive crankcase pressure and oil leak, as if it is the rings then bye bye car!


Off to garage last ditch - oil loss & excessive crankcase pressure

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire