lundi 26 mai 2014

Megane 2 sport tourer using water...

Hi all,

My 2005 mk2 megane 1.6 16v sport tourer has done just over 100000 miles and after a recent 270 mile trip I noticed the temp gauge fluctuating from mid way to high and the fan was cutting in regularly.

At first I thought it was a dodgy gauge but thought I'd check the water level - 3 full kettles later it was back to normal. Did the same journey home and sure enough another 3 kettles of water!

I can't find evidence of a leak anywhere and took off the oil cap to check condition of oil and it was black and no sludge.

During normal local driving its taking about a litre every two or three days.



Can anyone suggest where to look next? It had a recent cambelt change but that was before I bought it. Could it be radiator or water pump I'm really not sure and am hopig to avoid a costly search by a dealer.

Cheers! :-)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire