jeudi 27 novembre 2014

Fuel Injection Weak Mixture

Hi folks



My beloved Vauxhall Astra 1.4i (1993) is running very lumpy across the rev range.:(



I pulled out the spark plugs today - No 1 wet with fuel - Nos 2 & 3 very dry and white (too lean) - No 4 more normal but still on the lean side.



I've had a look in the Haynes manual but there is no 'Fault Section' for fuel injection :mad:



The engine starts first turn as always, idles quite steady at 1000rpm, will rev normally, temperature is normal .... but power is down going uphill (have to drop an extra gear). The engine sounds rough and feels lumpy (like the ignition timing is out) all the time but is still driveable. I've checked the exhaust system again and it seems ok (downpipe & cat) (recently had centre & end boxes replaced).



Can anyone please point me in the direction of the likely cause of the weak mixture?



Thank you.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire