lundi 24 novembre 2014

Renault Master 57 plate using LOTS of oil

Can anyone suggest why my '57 plate Renault Master is using lots of oil? It is a LM35 DCi 120 and has done 85k miles. It has been converted to be a horsebox, and I have done 7k miles since I bought it 18 months ago. Nearly all of my journeys involve carrying a horse and other items which would take it about 300kgs below its payload.



It started off needing the oil topped up every 600-odd miles, but since being serviced (the service was £300, so, not just an oil change) the oil light comes on after 120 miles.



The engine has been steam cleaned and there is no sign of oil leaking. When I start it (i use it for at least a 30 mile journey once / twice a week), blue smoke comes out of the exhaust, but i am not aware of this happening when the engine is warm.



Since it was serviced, it seems to be using more diesel. I always have to drop a gear when going up an incline in the road (which is normal I assume), but I can sometimes smell oil when going up the hill.



I have had 2 mechanics look at it, both of whom do not have any idea what could be wrong, but now it is using so much oil, there must be something obvious to look at (other than a new engine.....).



Can anyone help? And by the way, I am female with a limited mechanical knowledge.........




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire