mardi 25 novembre 2014

Renault megane scenic 1.6 16v, turns over wont start

Hi everyone,

just joined the forum so forgive me if i have accidently picked the wrong section to post in.

I dont usually go to these lengths with car problems but I am really stuck with this one.

Basically I was on my way home and I hear a noise which turned out my alternator belt had frayed , I did not know this as before I got chance to stop it stalled on me.

after cutting off the frayed parts of the belt the rest of the belt was still intact.

The car turns over but will not start, my battery is fully charged, all sparks plugs are sparking well, injectors are fueling fine and all the pulley are turning fine.

The fraying from the alternator belt did pull of a couple of wires out of their plastic clip but I haver had no fault code come up on my friends diagnostic equipment neither did i get an engine management light come on.

we also inspected the cambelt which is still in good condition and nice is taught as it should be.

I am hoping someone has any suggestions into helping me as I am truly stumped.

I am also getting a compression test tonight on it to see if that brings anything back.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire