mercredi 26 novembre 2014

Megane 1.6L 8v Auto 1999 - Auto fault info required

Hi

My first post asking for help.



As in the title, I am working on an elderly couples Renault Megane 1.6L 8v Auto 1999.

It had been standing for 2 years and when they decided to start using it again, it wouldn't start. So, it was brought around for me to work my magic on it for as little money as possible given the value of the car !!



The main problems were corrosion of the maxi fuse box in the plenum chamber and the I/R key fob plipper not working the central locking to switch off the immobilizer. Anyway, these were all made good and the car taken for an MOT - passed.



However, there is a symbol illuminated on the dash (yellow box with a zigzag pattern inside) Which I do believe is a dual function MIL for engine and transmission. Yet, there is no faults in either ECU.

The car drives well apart from the fact it only has one forward gear (3rd - limp ??)



My diagnostics didn't auto detect the auto gearbox ECU, but of the 4 options, it only communicated with the one (BVA A 4.2 Automatic Gearbox)

Looking in live data it is showing the gear shift selected and it confirms R for Reverse and 0 when placed in Park or Neutral but as soon as D is selected it shows 3HR even if 1, 2, or 3 is selected. It doesn't even attempt to go through the gears just the 3HR.



Another observation in live data is that there is no alteration to the sequence solenoid valves (EVS) - not active



The elderly couple who own the car can't even remember what day of the week it is So, it's not surprising that they can't remember if it was like this before it was parked up !!



Now I acknowledge my ignorance to automatic gearboxes and their workings and have exhausted my limited options and there is only so much staring and head scratching that can be done without a game plan.

Is there anyone out there in Renault land with some working knowledge of these gearboxes who is willing to hold my hand to find out if it is a gearbox failure or perhaps more problems with corroded wiring.



Thanks in advance

Will




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire