mardi 25 novembre 2014

Squealing brakes - done before I know, but....

My wife has a Megane 1.6 petrol (2010 model - Mk3) and the brakes have just started intermittently squealing when NOT applied. The noise starts to appear roughly 10 minutes into a drive, I think only at lower speeds (circa 40 - 80 kmh) and it can certainly be heard with the windows up. It disappears when brakes are applied, and I don't think it occurs at higher speeds (although the noise might be cancelled out by engine noise at high speeds - in the Czech Republic we can drive up to 130 kmh on the motorways).



The pads are 2/3 through, and have been fitted for 2 years now without any issues prior to this.



I'm hoping that this may just be the copper grease needs renewing between the caliper and the back of the pad, but before I do this, could there be any other reasons for the squealing?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire