mardi 25 novembre 2014

Megane (10) 1.5 dCi Auto Sports Tourer = Check Anti-Pollution System

Hi everybody,



This is my first post, so please be kind! :d



I bought my Megane diesel 1.5 auto in August. It runs fine and continues to run fine.



But at the beginning of October, this red warning light "check anti-pollution system" came up in the message section of my dash.

Along with an orange symbol for the engine and a spanner.



I suffered no loss of power, the car did not go into limp mode and the engine continues to sound fine.



I bought an OBD scanner. After plugging it in, it said there were no codes stored or errors in the engine however it did give up P1750. I have searched the internet for what that means in terms of a Renault code and have come up with nothing. Does anyone know what a P1750 error might mean?



Anyway my local Renault dealership hooked it up to one of their machines and was told Renault had a software solution as it was related to the car's injectors.

Then to cut a long story short, I had all the software on the ecu reinstalled (all for £49).

The dealership also gave my car a health check and said it was in very good nick, no engine/transmission/electronic faults etc for 100k+ miles. Presuming dealers make money on repairs, I assumed this was giving my megane a gold star.



For the next month, my car has been error free. Done a fair bit of motorway driving over the half term and weekly commutes to Manchester and Liverpool. But then last Friday, the "check anti-pollution system" message came back on along with the same two orange warning lights.



Again no loss of power or anything that would suggest what is wrong.



Anyway I reset the system using the ODB. Next day I had to do a 50-mile motorway journey. No lights or warnings. But after I had parked for half an hour at my destination, I had to make a short errand. As soon as pulled away, the lights came back on.:crazy:



So I have joined this forum in the hope that I can get some ideas as to what might be causing this issue. I am hoping someone has had the same mysterious problem and found out how to fix it.



After my first experience with a main dealer, I don't have much faith in Renault (it took three separate returns to get the car right: first they scrambled the ecu, then they reset the ecu but didn't add the cruise control software, it took a third visit to get it all sorted). Annoyingly when I tried to get answers they seem to have a "computer says no" attitude. :confused:



So as I can't find out what's wrong through Renault I am sure better minds on this forum can help me work the problem.



So what else? Online searches have revealed more info but no real tangibles. For example, can a knackered DPF cause this sort of error while not producing a code error? Or maybe a sensor like the lambda 02 sensor (the second one after the catalytic converter)? Can it fail and trip the check anti-pollution sensor? Is the P1750 linked to the engine and spanner light coming on? Or is the catalytic converter on its way out as my car has done a 100k+?



All suggestions will be most welcome. :d




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire