vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Annoying misfire on Cylinder 4...Car shakes badly at idle

Hi all,



I have read all over the forum looking for a solution and tried most things regarding a Cylinder 4 Misfire which I assume is causing is violent shaking & engine light sometimes solid, sometimes flashing - on my brothers 2004 Megane II 1.6 petrol. I will outline what I have tried below:



Looking at the engine standing at the bonnet, I have assumed Cylinder 1 is the nearest to drivers side (left side when facing into the engine front on) and 4 nearest to the Passenger side (right side when facing engine front on) as they must have been previously worked on as there is 1 dot on the first one and 4 dots on the 4th one - Thinking of it now, Is this assumption correct because if not I could have been looking at the wrong cylinder all along!.. if so, please read on!



The megane shows fault code p0304 and p0300 which are Misfire on Cylinder 4 detected and Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. I assume the second one (p0300) is because they work in pairs. (? :confused:)



I understand the most common cause of this is an ignition coil, however he is a bit skint so I am trying to avoid buying parts we don't have to, I have tested them in other ways however.. pleaseread on.



I have tested the resistance of all coils with mutltimeter and they all are all within the ranges specified in a Megane service handbook I found online.



It was also desperately needing a service (thought this might fix the juddering at idle) So I changed all spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, cleaned throttle body to an almost mirror like finish.



After this didn't rectify the problem, I started swapping the coils, 3 with 4 and others, as I understand they work in pairs, with no luck. The same fault, with engine light on sometimes solid, sometimes flashing.



I had an idea it could be a vacuum leak, so started blasting some WD40 all around the intake manifold but didn't hear the engine burning any of it up or see it being sucked in at the sides.



I then unplugged the fuel injector on Cylinder 4 which almost cut the car out, so I am pretty sure the fuel injector on cylinder 4 is working as it should.



I am kind of stumped now and can't find anything else to check, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and help us out, it is not fun spending hours rolling round in the cold with no solution!



Thanks a lot for taking the time to read, and hopefully suggest some things I can attempt over the weekend. I have all the tools but I am a VW Nut and not worked on renaults before so all the knowledge I do have on them is from this forum, but now i'm stuck! I have an Elm327 ODB2 cable and a generic odb2 reader and lots of tools to help =)



Regards and thanks a lot for taking the time to read and any input you may have,



Steve




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire