jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Is mileage information stored in the Kangoo dashboard cluster?

Hi,



I need to replace the dashboard cluster on our Kangoo. No problem, I have the part number and there are plenty on eBay. But; some sellers state the mileage of the dash cluster they're selling as if it's stored in the cluster!



Can this be true? That the car's mileage is stored in the dashboard instrument cluster? It's a 10 minute job to replace so anyone less scrupulous could simply buy a lower mileage unit and swap it into their vehicle to lower the mileage.



Basically I'm asking the question to decide whether or not I need to buy an instrument cluster as close to my own mileage as possible (if the cluster holds the mileage). If the data is actually stored in the ECU / EMU or somewhere else then I'll just buy any unit and my mileage will presumably be read by the cluster from the EMU or wherever it's kept.



Cheers,



Steve




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire