lundi 31 août 2015

Scenic 1.9 Wont Start - help me eliminate causes

2004 Scenic 1.9 Engine turns fine but car wont start....

bought car recently knowing the battery was on its way out and that the rocker cover gasket leaks oil...drove home 20miles without any issues, parked up and let the engine run for another 20minutes so battery can charge, when I came back out to switch of the engine I realized that the coolant reservoir was steaming and overflowing along with some oil leaking out the top gasket.

The next day I tried to start the car, it kind of start on the first try but cut out immediately, and has never started since. After reading this forum I tried the following;

-I replaced the battery, turns over perfectly but does not start...

-I cleaned the crank sensor (tdc), no luck...even though I cleaned it the magnetic tip was still black, should I get a new one?

-Tested the glow plugs, all plugs are 12+v except glow plug 3 which is 0.02v, also glow plug 4 has alot of oil around it from the leakage...can the glow plugs be the cause?

-Could it be the immobilizer, even though I unlock the car and insert the key card, the red light stays on until I press the start button, is that normal?....is they a way to reset or test to see if it is the immobilizer?

Thanks in advanced guys..


Scenic 1.9 Wont Start - help me eliminate causes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire