dimanche 30 août 2015

Wrong oil in espace 54 3.0

It's been a whole guys

Anyway as the title says, I think the wrong oils gone in the car


I distinctively remember the RAC dude filling the car with semi synth oil...

Today I had service light plus low lol- and I frantically drive to get oil.
Not very clever with the renault if I'm honest and I gentleman with an old Audi turbo diesel helped me with my quest.
He told me to add 1ltr of semi synth which states for high performance Diesel engines and go to halfords for further help! He said he uses that oil and his car engines equally as old and powerful

So I get to halfords and they type my reg in and tell me I need fully synth oil...
Immediately I remember my last oil change and paying through the bake for 8ltr of fully synth oil....

Horror filled my body and I explained to the gentleman what had happened
He got some advice and said to me that since semi synth is already in he suggested another bottle of semi synth when I reach my location ( I've come on holiday ) and then go for my annual oil change and get it all flushed and have the correct oil put in.
Oil change was last November but I had previously had an oil and filter done in the august too!
I've done around 7000k since and the gentleman I met at the first garage who helped with the oil said forget the advice that it's 12k for every oil change and get it done every 6k or 6/8 months

Well I have this extra bottle from halfords of semi synth; and I'm due to drive tomorrow and back to Nottingham Tuesday ( in Matlock at the moment )
I'm currently sitting on minimum oil but the service lights gone off and the dash tells me "oil ok"


What do you suggest guys? I'm
Panicking about the whole " wrong oil" thing!!! :(
Shall I book an "urgent oil change" over the next 1/2 weeks since I don't have the little flashing spanner on the dash yet?
Should I book it to flush out the wrong oil!!!??

Advice would be fantastic please
Oh and for those who recall my post about the coolant bottle??? Loosing fluid????
I needed a new bottle and it's still sat on maximum fluid after 2 months but between that time I lost my wind mirror lol

I wish it was plain sailing with the espace xxxx


Wrong oil in espace 54 3.0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire