vendredi 23 octobre 2015

Bypassing relays?

My PH2 Clio has broken down for the fifth time this month always with the same clicking / sizzling relay under the bonnet. The fan works as does the starter but the OIL, STOP and Immobiliser light all stay solid. I've replaced the relay loads of times, swapped them all round and used contact cleaner but still the problem persists.

Is there a way to bypass this relay so it gets power directly as soon as the ignition is on? I noticed that there's one thick red cable with a smaller one looping back on itself, a thick grey cable and a thin white cable which I believe is for the ECU/Immobiliser. Hell, I don't even care if someone can jump in it and start it with the handle of a teaspoon, I just want it to work.

In the mean time does anyone know a way I can give it a VERY good clean? I've sprayed contact cleaner right in there using the straw, I've used a long bristled soft tooth brush, I long bristled stiffer tooth brush but still the problem persists. I'm also toying with the idea of cutting all the cables, splicing them onto another board from a newer car and then hoping the problem disappears.

I'm certain it's the relays as if I play about with them for a good 3-4 hours it will eventually start working again.


Bypassing relays?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire