mardi 29 avril 2014

Clio 1.5dCi misfire and warn light on idle after motorway

Hello everyone-

My 2002 Clio 1.5dCi 65 recently had an injector replaced, to cure poor starting and the glow plug/electrical fault warning light being on continuously. Those faults were cured, but since then the car has had a problem that only occurs after being on the motorway for over half an hour, doing 70mph or more continuously. As soon as I come off the motorway the car starts to misfire when idling, as if running on 3 cylinders, and after a few seconds the revs suddenly pick up and the warning light comes on (which I understand is the "limp" mode kicking in). If the car is then driven slowly (say 30-40mph) for a few minutes the misfire goes away, and the warning light goes out when the engine is revved or car is driven faster.



The garage that replaced the injector diagnosed an EGR valve fault by plugging in the fault code reader, which apparently registered a misfire on the same cylinder as the new injector - number 3. However, after replacing the EGR valve the fault still occurs and a different fault code comes up - "combustion fault" this time - relating to the same cylinder as before. The garage then checked the valve clearances and did a compression test, but although they found nothing wrong they are now saying that they can't reproduce the fault after an 80mph road test. I have presented the car to them with the fault occurring and the warning light on, but they seem to think that there must be something wrong with the way I am driving (too slowly perhaps - only 70mph). Can anyone suggest an alternative diagnosis? Is there likely to be a fault with the new injector for example?



I need to sell the car because I have already bought another one to replace it, but I can't sell it with a known fault like this with a clear conscience. My stepdaughter's friend wants to buy it, but if it broke down and caused an accident, or left her stranded on her own somewhere, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire