mercredi 30 avril 2014

Engine cutting out when braking

I tried asking this question a few months back and couldn't get an answer, probably due to my inability to properly explain it and the fact that I thought it may be related to the braking system and put the thread under that heading...So I'll try again...

I don't drive my car (laguna II 1.8 16V) aggressively, but on the occasions that I'm forced to brake heavily, the revs drop dramatically when clutch and brake are depressed simultaneously and it's now at a point where the engine has actually cut out on me a couple of times at busy junctions. On reflection, this fault is probably not related to either the clutch or the braking system but the symptom persists nonetheless...I think it must be a fuel and/or air intake problem which only shows itself under these conditions as normal driving and idling are fine. I would be grateful for ANY thoughts on the possible causes...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire