mardi 29 avril 2014

Oil in Coolant Help !!!

Hi Guys



I am hoping someone can help me. My car is a Megane Scenic Dynamic 1.6 DCI.



A month ago my car started overheating. I was taken to garage where they diagnosed a fault with the pipes from the coolant (Bulging and split) I had these replaced and everything seemed good.



On Saturday while in Scotland I check my coolant and there were traces of Oil. My first thought was that the head Gasket had gone. However there were no signs of he following



- Overheating

- White Smoke from exhaust

- Milky Substance in the Oil.

- Oil Level was okay



I decided in my wisdom to make the 220mile journey from Scotland back home to Leeds. All was fine no overheating.



When I arrived home I checked teh coolant level which had dropped and i topped up with around 300ml of coolant to get back between min and max.



I am unsure of what the issue is, if something was done when the pipes were changed.



I took the car to the garage this morning and they advised me to get the coolant flushed out and see if there is still contamination.



Having read on the internet i have seen a lot about the Oil Cooler.



I also am unsure if the timing belt has been changed. The car has done 90k and is on a 54 plate.



Does anyone know where in the Leeds area is a good garage I could get this looked at and also what could be causing Oil to be in the water.



Thank You in Advance




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire