samedi 24 mai 2014

Espave IV rear brake squeal

Hi folks



First the interesting bit:

I have had an intermittent fault on the handbrake - it has refused to release twice. After manual release it has reset itself without mishap. I was quoted £500 from the dealer plus several hours to clean up the brakes. Anticipating a £1000 bill I had my local mechanic replace the pads and clean and strip as required. Not unsurprisingly on an 03 car one of the pads was sticky due to build-up off rust. Those who had cars from the 70's and 80's will be familiar with that. I will keep you posted if the handbrake plays up again.



Now the question:

The disks look fine thickness wise, but have a bit of scoring and uneven wear as expected in a lightly used rear brake.



The new pads squeal occasionally, i.e. when I brake at the right amount, usually when gently coasting to a halt. Heavy traffic braking is silent.



I this a consistent problem with older Espaces? Or do you think its just that the pads need to bed in to grip the disk properly? Should we have installed new pad springs?



Thanks



edit: just noticed the heading is spelt wrong, could a moderator please correct it?? ta.



Rog




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire