mercredi 31 décembre 2014

DPF, 1.6dci and short journeys

Hi,



Hope I've posted this in the right place. My SiL is looking for a used scenic. Her problem is that the vast majority of scenics are diesels, yet most of her motoring is stop-start in London traffic with only the occasional longer trip. Conventional wisdom suggests to me she should steer clear of diesels for this reason, which in practice would mean she'd get the 1.6 VVT engine about which i've read nothing but bad things, because I can't find one with a TCE engine for love or money. However I read on Honest John's website that the 1.6 dci would be OK for this kind of motoring. See...



http://ift.tt/1y8vnLT



Before taking this advice at face value I'd be interested in your 2nd opinion; would the 1.6 dci be a good bet or should she settle for the 1.6 VVT? I found a copy of the scenic's handbook however it didn't seem to offer any advice.



Thanks in anticpation




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire