mardi 30 décembre 2014

What car should it be?

I have just purchased a Y reg 1.4l petrol Scenic at a suitable low price, delivered to my door. I am fairly familiar with this variant.

The problem is that I have found it has a 1.6l (K4M 7/00) engine and gearbox (with white 5th gear cover), which themselves don't seem to fit together correctly, The flywheel is much too thick! And the clutch slips. The DVLA registration search reports just 'Renault NaN', and it is registered (01-01-2001) and newly taxed as a 1390 vehicle. I cannot check the engine number until the V5 is returned.

Now it is a 'nice car' and I have a spare Scenic from which I can recover all the required parts for re-build.

The question here is, if I give the VIN number can someone verify that it should indeed be a 1.4l, with air con and alloy wheels? (Scenic sport I believe). The engine ECU will be correct only for the correct combination.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire