lundi 26 janvier 2015

Megane MK11 Electrical Failure

I HATE RENAULTS ELECTRICS!!!



Went to Morrison's (other supermarkets are available). Was about an hour upon my return i tried to start the car by the brake. Lights came on, fuel pump primed but it didn't try to turn over, it did beep at me a couple of times like when the doors are open which i thought was strange. Tried again with the clutch and it started. Proceeded to roll myself a cig so not looking at the dash and then the engine cut out. Didn't seem to be running any rougher then usual. When i looked up i saw a message along the lines of 'electrical fault' or 'electrical failure' displayed on the dash and the stop light lit. This is when it started behaving strange. I pressed the stop button to turn the ignition off and the dash display went blank, took key out and i don't believe the steering lock came on (not 100% sure however), usually the displays says something like please enter card and the steering lock would come on.



I tried to restart and every time on brake or clutch the lights come on, it proceeds to beep at me and the stop light illuminates along with the battery light. So i press the button again to turn ignition of and repeat with no luck. All the while the 'electrical failure' message wasn't displayed again.



The last time i pressed both the clutch and brake and she started and drove home as usual.



So im going to remove fuse box and ecu etc and check they are dry and the contacts are clean, check for any signs of electrical damage.



I make the assumption what ever caused the ECU to display the electrical failure message and the stop light will have been logged? So my question, besides any general trouble shooting advice,would a ELM327 be able to read it? (I think its the ELM327 USB adapter i hear allot about on these forums) Or will it have to be a garage with Clip software to get this information?



Thanks guys n gals




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire