jeudi 24 avril 2014

Engine swap

Hi,



I have just swapped my knackered 1.5Dci engine for a newer engine, which was supplied complete including ECU, full wiring loom, and all ancillaries.



My mechanic has completed the "transplant" and fitted everything back as it should be, this included fitting the ECU that came with the replacement engine.



The engine turns over, fuel is getting through, glow plugs are heating up as you would expect, injectors are all working fine, but the engine will not fire up.



The code reader is recognising the injectors that came with the replacement engine, so that would indicate that there is no fault at that end, so where is the fault?



Is it that the engine ECU is not communicating with the main OB ECU, does the whole thing need to be re-programmed and if so, is this an expensive job?



Any help would be most welcome as I hope that I am coming to the end of what has been a six month journey to put right all that was wrong with a 1.5Dci van in "apparently lovely condition" that I bought from a rogue dealer.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire