lundi 30 juin 2014

2014 Megane EuroNCAP results

Hi all,



I was browsing the EuroNCAP website this morning, and saw that the Megane had been recently re-tested.



More to my surprise, I saw that they had awarded it "3 stars".



When I started to read into it deeper, I discovered that the occupant protection still remained incredibly high; 83% Adult, 78% Child, and the Pedestrian protection was rated at 60%. The Safety Assist section is where it lost the most marks, gaining only 48%.



The main reason for this was that the rear seatbelt system uses text to display which seatbelts are in use, rather than by illuminating lights on the instrument panel. The message is not available in every language, and as a result, the car failed this section.



They did say however that Renault intend to address the issue very soon, and when addressed, the car will be capable of 4 stars.



Personally, I feel that for the car to have dropped 2 stars because of safety assist, is slightly harsh? Perhaps I am the only one?



I do understand that it is highly important to prevent vehicles getting into accidents in the first place, but surely occupant protection should be worth more?



What does the rest of you think about this result?



I hope this post doesn't break forum rules?



Many Thanks,

Daniel




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire