samedi 28 juin 2014

Bought a Clio, some issues...

Hi



New to this forum and to Clio's in general.



The car is an S reg (98) Clio 1.4 RT. 2 Owners from new, 73K miles.



I bought this car super cheap, circumstances pretty much dictated that I had little choice in the matter. Basically for how soon I needed it, and for the money I had this was the only option I had to get back on the road ASAP.



I bought the car 2 nights ago, and drove it home about 20 miles, and it drove fine, if anything I was quote surprised how well it drove.



Next day, I drove to the shops and back (few miles tops), again, fine.



Today I drove to my friends house. Fine.



Went to go get some lunch and as soon as it started I knew there was something wrong. It barely idled, lumpy and hell, the car was shaking. Car drove almost like it was in some kind of limp mode, getting to 30mph took about 10 years. Decided it wasnt safe and parked it up.



Revs in idle fine. No lights on dash.



Popped the bonnet, and found a loose plug dangling - straight away I was hopeful this had just come loose.



I'll get some pics of the plug and where I plugged it in ASAP.



Took the car for a test drive, and it was no better, then all of a sudden, it just sprang back to life. I had hoped this was it, til I went back out and again it was all lumpy. Again after a mile or so it sprang back to life.



Last trip (again only a few miles) completely fine.



I will be going back out again in a few hours and will report back to how it is.



Just want to know what is causing this?



Other than that, the only other big problem is the locks but I will start a separate thread for that.



Thanks in advance...really I just need to get this reliable and predictable as possible as I will be carting my kids about in it!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire