dimanche 29 juin 2014

Espace III 3 exhaust manifold suspect leaks / cracked

Hi. My Grand Espace III has been doing 'phut phut phut' from the front exhaust area when I start up, but only for 1 or 2 minutes. Seals up once under way, but does seem to be getting a slightly bigger 'phut' recently. Wife can't even hear it.



It has been doing it for over a year now, but I don't do many miles so haven't concerned myself about it too much.



However, the whole exhaust system is now rusty and needs replacing, from front cat down pipe and the rest. My fear is that the disruption in replacing the down pipe might aggravate this leak. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that it is actually the down pipe union that is leaking, but I do not seem to be getting many 'good luck' stories recently so I rather think it is a cracked manifold or leaking gasket.



My efforts so far reveal the following thread;

http://ift.tt/1iIUu1v

which is useful and I'll probably see if the link to a potential supplier is still possible. Otherwise, if I do end up needing to replace it then it appears I will need to go to 'lrt-automotive' and get either the K7601 or the more expensive K7602. These seem to come in at 550 euros or 430 pounds from the places I have found. Not asked Renault directly yet, just pre-empting the high cost and doing the internet trawl.



http://ift.tt/1k1SqMQ



That previous thread also indicates a partial engine drop, so big job too ... :crazy: ... which I'd ask a garage to do so more big money.



Any suggestions on anything else to consider, or any tips on how to proceed, are most welcome.



I'd also be keen if anyone could explain espace engine numbers. The K7601 part (Renault #8200266475) runs to engine no. 0990726 and covers all 2.0 16V engines on Laguna, Megane, etc. to March 2001, and K7602 (Renault #8200266466) is espace only after. My engine no starts 'C00', so is that after '099'? Again, good luck stories are rare these days so I am presuming it is the more expensive manifold for me!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire