samedi 28 juin 2014

Clio 1.4 Auto, smoking after idle

Hi guys, any idea on this one before I start digging deeper?

1997 clio 1.4 automatic 51.000 miles only. last 2 days has been giving the following symptoms

after idling at a junction then setting off it blows out a cloud of greyish smoke from the exhaust clears as it accelerates but when I slow back down or wait at another junction does the same

tried it on the driveway in park, let it tickover and if I open the throttle the greyish smoke blooms out clears a little but still smoking, also has a very strange smell to it, definitely not burning any oil and the coolant level hasn't dropped either, however as the car gets warmer it begins to misfire slightly too, I checked the plugs and they are pretty damp even if I take them out when engine hot,

so I am thinking that either I have contaminated fuel, or that I have problems on the ignition side and the fuel isn't burning correctly and its pushing unburnt fuel out the exhaust, and to be honest I am not even sure if this older car has a CAT fitted?

any ideas?

I will firstly fit a new set of plugs and make sure ignition system is up to scratch and go from there

many thanks

Crofty




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire