vendredi 27 juin 2014

Megane I DCI Oil Leak

Hi All



This is my first post on here, so if this has been repeated or what I type sounds naive, please forgive me as Cars are not my strongpoint.



To cut a long story short Im the owner of a Renault Megane 1.9 DCI MK 1 52 Plate. The car has been really good and has got me from A-B. However, I'm due to go to University this September and I am debating whether or not to keep the car or go to something cheaper (such as a Clio, keeping it in Renault spirit!)



One issue my Dad spotted was an oil leak, nothing excessive, just a handful of small drops on our drive. We asked a local mechanic to check this out and I was informed 'my turbo is going'. At this point I panicked as I realised replacing a whole turbo is an expensive process. I did ask another mechanic to check who only informed me it was a seal that needed changing.



The car has since passed it's most recent MOT as of last week with nothing wrong and this has re-assured me that it's not too bad. Since having said seal changed I think there has been some oil drops, but I've been told on diesel cars this does occur.



I guess really I'm after two things, is it worth keeping (it's done 115,000) for a few more years and should I worry about this oil leak/turbo/seal situation.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire