jeudi 26 juin 2014

Scenic 1.9 DCI W reg - problems starting when hot.

Hello there.

I have had a good read through the articles and threads (what a great site this is :)) and have got some ideas but wanted to run my specific set of circumstances by you.

We have had the Scenic about a month and it has been a great car - had been starting fine and runs well. On Tuesday whilst driving the fuel injector/coolant warning light started flicking on and off. I checked and the coolant level was sitting at minimum so i topped up hoping that would be the end of it.

Unfortunately the light has continued to flick on and off - never stays on for long - and I am now having problems restarting the car when the engine is hot. It turns over fine - and occasionally fires - but won't start until it has cooled down. For example it started first time this morning and I have driven the 17 miles to work with no problem (with that warning light flicking on and off) but when I tried to restart in the car park it was having none of it.

I have read about TDC sensors but none of the threads say whether that problem would affect the warning light I mentioned. And I think a fuel filter change solved a similar problem for someone else....

I know the most straight forward thing to do would be take it to get it checked by one of those diagnostic thingies but we are flat broke and if there were something we could try first at least I could still feed the dogs this week!!!!

Thanks.

Laura.

PS I am not a mechanic so please keep it simple - like me!!!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire