mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Clio 1.5 DCi air and water coming from glow plug area

Hi all



My ladie's Clio 1.5 DCi gave us the STOP and ENGINE! signs on the dash last night. Digital water temp at max. We stopped. It immediately dropped to 3/4 temp. We started up and drove on. It stayed at 3/4 temp.



Then on the way home (we went to a party of course!) it happened again, but then as before, just cleared itself. Seemed to follow no pattern.



As there were no clouds of steam I assume dnothing major had blown.



Took a look this morning.



Water all over the engine front, seemingly from the cyl head. Seemingly.....



I topped up about 2 header tank's worth or water. It glugged the 1st refil.



Started her up - no problem - but very apparent sound of air escaping from the engine (tick tick tick).



Immediately, and this is from stone cold, there is water forming and bubbling around the seat of the glow plug (I assume it's a glow plug) - marked "A" in one of my photos. This isn't boiling water - it happened the second I started the engine. This is escaping air. Unless I'm mistaken.



As the engine got warmer, water was spraying from that area, also seemingly from the injector area, but I think it's a bit confusing once it all gets wet. I've linked a video. Nothing seems to be coming from the head gasket area. I'm fairly confident the water is there due to spraying everywhere - and contained a bit by the plastic engine cover.



Any ideas ? I'm no expert but why would water be coming from the area of a glow plug? Unless of course the head gasket has blown and is letting water into that cylinder - but then we dont' get head gasket symptoms - no steam or coulds of steam out of the exhaust. No rough starting. Engine runs fine. Besides, the glow plug area should be a 100% seal surely. Maybe there is a water channel that heats the injectors and a seal has gone?



Just thought I'd ask here 1st.. Here are some photos and a video.

























Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire