lundi 23 juin 2014

2008 2.0 115 Trafic Stutters and lights flash

Ok folks, I really hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a 2008 Trafic with 170k on the clock, the owner before me fitted a new engine 25k ago, out of warranty now. I was driving last week and fuel was a little low, and the van stuttered as if it were running out of fuel then ran fine. I filled her up and she did it again, this time the engine and stop light flashed, then went out. I was close to home so gingerly drove back. The next day it did similar, it is fine at low revs, under 1500, then if you try and pull up a hill it starts to stutter and momentarily lose power, the same lights flash up. On a short test drive it seems to be getting worse. I took it to the local garage and they said there was smoke inside the cylinder head and did not really want to touch it as it would probably cost more than a new engine if they started stripping it down. It starts to stutter and lights flash at around 2000rpm.



I am handy with the tools if I know what to look for, searching the history is a mine field. What would you recommend as the next course of action of things to check.



Cheers folks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire