dimanche 22 juin 2014

Megane Coupe 1.6 2000 Central Locking

Hi,



I've had a good search, but can't find a similar scenario to what I'm experiencing.

The central locking has recently gone ****, I'm unsure where to start. I'm certain it's not a signal problem from the keyfob, fob battery has been changed.



1) Can't lock the car with fob, and there is no loud clunk sound

2) Fob unlocks car ok but needs pressing twice.

3) Indicators flash once or twice when pressing keyfob as normal.

4) Dash button won't lock car, but does the unlock click sound.

5) Lock symbol (near cabin lights) lights/unlights when pressing keyfob or dash button as normal.



Each door has to be locked with the key inserted in the door lock, this does not enable me to lock the boot & fuel cap.





So possible culprits I've read about:



a) Relays - Where are they and which ones do I replace?

b) Lock mechanism - Is there a main lock actutaor that could be broken or does each lock have one? Surely they can't all break at once (there is no longer the loud locking clunk sound)

c) Expensive box of tricks under the steering wheel - could it be an expensive fix??

d) Fuse - Swapped the 10A fuse but no joy

e) Faulty electronics - I don't understand how the indicators flash/lock symbol lights up for it to be an electrical problem



To me it seems like that whatever mechanically locks the doors is getting the signal, but it's not able to mechanically do it?



Any advice will be greatly appreciated.



Cheers.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire