mardi 10 juin 2014

Please help...Modus electrical issues

Could some kind person please help?



My 1.5dCi 06 reg Modus has developed an electrical issue that I can not work out.

I'm ok with mechanical issues and electrical issues but this is really doing my head in.



It all started yesturday, right out of the Blue.



Jumped in the car with the little one, turned the key and the engine didn't turn. Okay, flat battery I thought, charged the battery put it back on the car and there was a high pitched sound coming from the relay box in the engine. It was the 20 amp relay, the engine started but wouldn't turn off (?). Okay I pulled the 20 amp relay and knackered it :mad: Trip to the main dealer today and £21 later, the new relay in place, the engine started and the high pitch sound has moved to the silver thing located towards the top back of the engine on the top of the silver pipe (EGR may be?). The engine would still not cut out when I turned off the key. Okay, I thought it must be a sticking diesel cut off solinoide (sp?). So I pulled the top connector off the diesel pump, nothing changed. Put it back on and then pulled the brown (two wire) connector off, the engine stopped alright, there was one hell of a funny sound, bit like an alarm going off. Quickly pushed the connector back on and the engine will not start now, still got the funny high pitched sound coming from the silver thing at the back of the engine. Any help? any ideas? I am totally stuck.



John




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire