lundi 23 juin 2014

Strange snoring/whistling noise when cold start

Hello everyone,



http://ift.tt/1nNnHFZ



The car is a 2004 clio 1.5 dci 80



I have attached a sound recording of this weird intermittent fast repetitive snoring/whistling noise. It started about a month ago, and the sound starts when cold starting the car. After about 3 mins (after engine has warmed up a bit), the sound completely disappears, and it simply sounds normal again. It sounds like some vibration related noise, ive tried gripping everywhere I can with my hands to see if I can locate/quiet it, but no luck.



The sound is most loudest when you listen at the back of the airbox, little bit more towards the offside (drivers side).



I have put the microphone most of the time at this area, but sometimes I have tried moving it to other places (more at the front where the injectors are), and the sound quietens, then I put the microphone back to the back of the airbox, and the sound is louder again.



This doesnt really bother me, as the sound goes in such short amount of time, but I just vividly remember that it used to sound normal when cold starting (just like it does after the 3 min warmup), its never made this noise before, its just appeared all of a sudden, haven't done anything to the car beforehand.



Hopefully all you experts here will be able to recognise it. Any ideas what it could be? Hope ive explained everything.



Thank you for looking at my post, much appreciated.



Kind regards,



DJ




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire