mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Clio 1.6 Automatic gearbox slipping on Roundabout above 28mph

On a Clio 1.6 Auto MkII mileage 79650



When ever I go round a big roundabout (right turn - clockwise) [eg Hopgrove on A64 in York]

above 28mph the automatic gearbox slips as if

I'd pushed the clutch pedal to the floor on a manual car. Below 28mph the gearbox works fine.



As soon as I exit the roundabout (left turn) the gearbox kicks in and works normally.



The garage (non Renault) couldn't find a fault and after pressing them they changed the oil (really annoying on this model as there is no dip stick for the gearbox) [I think this could have been it's first oil change] and it seemed work properly although it there was a slight noise change.



Now a couple of months on it has just starting slipping again above 28mph on big roundabouts.



Any one any ideas what the fault might be and how to fix?





I can find plenty of MKIII automatic boxes in scrapyards but wasn't sure if I could swap my MKII with one. (I understand the MKIII has 5gears and mine the MKII has 4 gears?)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire