mercredi 24 décembre 2014

RS Megane 175DCi Engine removal to fix whining gearbox

Hi



As a christmas project I'm pulling the engine from my wife's 2007 175DCi Megane (M9R engine, PK4 gearbox) so I can swap or fix the gearbox depending how it looks. I've printed off most the bits from the manual. One question I have is do I need to remove the driveshaft completely or can I undo the ball joints and move the hub and driveshaft out of the gearbox?



I'll also replace the ac condenser while I'm there and may have ac for more than a few weeks at a time!



Also here's my shopping list - see if there is anything missing? Or anything that is so easy to do with engine out I'd be foolish not to.



Drive shaft seals (gearbox)

Fuel filter

Gearbox oil = Elf TransElf NFP 75W80

Gearbox or bearings

Coolant

AC condenser

AC receiver drier

Clutch – might be OK

Flywheel – might be OK

Engine oil and filter



It looks from the manual the engine comes out of the front/underneath the car - i don't have a lift, so can't get it from under the car, but I do have a hoist, so can pull the engine out the top of the car - will this be OK?



I'll be back with some photos of my progress :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire